- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, established in 1994 to pursue the interests and passions of the Gates family, describes itself as the “largest transparently operated private foundation.”
- Founded in 2006, the org is a for-profit foundation intended to carry out a wide range of activities. Google philanthropic activities represent an important example of a social enterprise which combines commitments to business and social changes.
- Choose one of the two above listed foundations and research a project founded by that foundation that truly exemplifies its mission statement.
- Present the mission statement and produce a short summary of the project.
- Extensively demonstrate how and why that project exemplifies that foundation mission statement.
- Write a concise five-page research paper using your textbook and four additional academic sources.
- To adequately complete this assignment, use the Barry library.
- The essay should be five pages not including cover page and bibliography. Take time to write a coherent essay that illustrates the concepts covered in class.
- Use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. All written assignments must be in APA form and should be double spaced with 12-point Times New Roman font. Full citation is expected, according to APA citation guidelines.
- Papers are evaluated on process and substance, including the student’s ability to synthesize the material and provide a critical analysis of the issue(s) raised.
- You will be graded on the knowledge you bring to bear on the question as well as the quality and organization of your written answers.
This paper should also reflect graduate level work in content, appearance, organization, grammar, and effort. Be sure to proofread/spell check the final draft of the paper before submitting it to the instructor. Reading the paper out loud often points out spelling and grammatical errors, as well as incorrect words.