- What do the fossils of large animals reveal about the ancient history of some areas near the Arctic that are now underlain with permafrost?
- What is the forecasted relationship between global temperature rise and emissions?
- How does a deep layer of snow contribute to the warming?
- Explain why the problem intensifies when the active layer stops freezing.
- What is a thaw slump?
- Explain how depressions develop on the surface in permafrost landscapes.
- Why is the release of methane even more concerning than the release of carbon dioxide?
- Why did the soil in Alaska become wetter after large grazing animals no longer inhabited the area?